Ripcord Software announces IISxpress 1.1: a powerful, configurable and user friendly compression engine for Microsoft's IIS web server.
London, UK – July 15, 2005
Ripcord Software, a developer of software tools for Microsoft's Internet Information Server (IIS) announces the release of IISxpress 1.1.
Until now HTTP compression has been a second class citizen in IIS; even in IIS 6 it is difficult to configure, monitor and control. IISxpress
changes this by providing a user friendly, powerful and adaptable solution on top of an enterprise strength compression engine for both servers and
workstation class computers. Combining the industry standard ZLIB compression library, a powerful rules-based logic engine and rock solid stability
IISxpress delivers best of breed performance at a price accessable to all.
Key 1.1 features:
- Performance improvements: we've tuned the compression engine to the max to get up to 50% reduction in file compression time.
- Network exclusion rules: select which clients should receive compressed responses by their IP address, ideal for LAN/WAN environments.
- Better application support: support for more standard web applications than ever, from ASP, ASP.NET to PHP and Perl.
Key Product features:
- For the first time IISxpress offers real time compression tracking: get a true picture of compression performance allowing for a high degree of
configuration tuning and user activity tracking.
- Highly configurable rule engine: exclude content by file extension, MIME type, URI or network address.
- Intelligent compression: the compression engine tracks previous performance and will avoid compressing content where there will be no significant gain.
- Platform friendly: if the CPU is busy with other tasks IISxpress will reduce the priority of the compression tasks to maintain server responsiveness.
- Better application support: IISxpress 1.1 delivers greater web application support than previous versions.
- Windows NT 4 Workstation or Server
- Windows 2000 Professional or Server
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows 2003 Server
Availability and pricing:
- A trial version of IISxpress is available for download. Trial keys are issued on a monthly basis.
- For full unrestricted functionality IISxpress is priced at $50 per computer.
IISxpress finally realizes the potential of HTTP compression on the IIS web server platform.
About Ripcord Software
Ripcord Software are a small UK based software company dedicated to bringing enterprise class software to the widest possible market. We have spent
many years developing bespoke software products for some of largest business organisations in the world and are now bringing our knowledge
and expertise to a wider marketplace. We aim to bring quality, highly specified software products to market at the most competitive price possible.
To contact Ripcord Software please email email@example.com or visit our web site at