Ripcord Software announces IISxpress 1.2: a powerful, configurable and user friendly compression engine for Microsoft's IIS web server.
London, UK – August 18, 2005
Ripcord Software, a developer of software tools for Microsoft's Internet Information Server (IIS) announces the release of IISxpress 1.2.
Until now HTTP compression has been a second class citizen in IIS; even in IIS 6 it is difficult to configure, monitor and control. IISxpress
changes this by providing a user friendly, powerful and adaptable solution on top of an enterprise strength compression engine for both servers and
workstation class computers. Combining the industry standard ZLIB compression library, a powerful rules-based logic engine and rock solid stability
IISxpress delivers best of breed performance at a price accessable to all.
Key 1.2 features:
- Added support for popular search engine user agents: Googlebot, MSNbot and Yahoo! Slurp.
- Improved keyboard compatibility.
- Network rules tab has new refresh button to handle addition and removal of web sites.
- Incorporated security fixes to the ZLIB compression library.
- Enhanced platform support: now detects Windows Vista, Microsoft's next generation OS.
Key Product features:
- For the first time IISxpress offers real time compression tracking: get a true picture of compression performance allowing for a high degree of
configuration tuning and user activity tracking.
- Highly configurable rule engine: exclude content by file extension, MIME type, URI or network address.
- Intelligent compression: the compression engine tracks previous performance and will avoid compressing content where there will be no significant gain.
- Platform friendly: if the CPU is busy with other tasks IISxpress will reduce the priority of the compression tasks to maintain server responsiveness.
- Windows NT 4 Workstation or Server
- Windows 2000 Professional or Server
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows 2003 Server
Availability and pricing:
- A trial version of IISxpress is available for download. Trial keys are issued on a monthly basis.
- For full unrestricted functionality IISxpress is priced at $50 per computer.
IISxpress finally realizes the potential of HTTP compression on the IIS web server platform.
About Ripcord Software
Ripcord Software is a small UK based software company dedicated to bringing enterprise class software to the widest possible market. We have spent
many years developing bespoke software products for some of largest business organisations in the world and are now bringing our knowledge
and expertise to a wider marketplace. We aim to bring quality, highly specified software products to market at the most competitive price possible.
To contact Ripcord Software please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our web site at