Ripcord Software announces the release of IISxpress 2.1: a powerful, configurable and user friendly compression engine for Microsoft's IIS web server.
London, UK – April 30, 2007
Ripcord Software, a developer of software tools for Microsoft's Internet Information Server (IIS) announces the release of IISxpress 2.1.
Until now HTTP compression has been a second class citizen in IIS; IISxpress changes this by providing a user friendly, powerful and adaptable
solution on top of an enterprise strength compression engine for both servers and workstation class computers.
Key 2.1 features:
- Full support for IIS7 on Windows Vista.
- Compression Cache - previously compressed responses are stored in the compression cache allowing for super fast response times.
- Processor Workload Model - select CPU cores to use for compression tasks, keeping others free for other duties.
- Now FREE to use on all supported versions of Microsoft Workstation operating systems: Vista, XP Professional and 2000 Professional.
Key Product features:
- For the first time IISxpress offers real time compression tracking: get a true picture of compression performance allowing for a high degree of
configuration tuning and user activity tracking.
- Highly configurable rule engine: exclude content by file extension, MIME type, URI or network address.
- Intelligent compression: the compression engine tracks previous performance and will avoid compressing content where there will be no significant gain.
- Platform friendly: if the CPU is busy with other tasks IISxpress will reduce the priority of the compression tasks to maintain server responsiveness.
- Windows 2003 Servers
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows 2000 Professional or Server
Availability and pricing:
- IISxpress is free to use on all Workstation versions of Microsoft Windows, including: Vista, XP and 2000.
- IISxpress is free for non-commercial and non-government use on all Windows Servers, including: 2003 and 2000.
- Otherwise IISxpress is priced at $50 per installed Server.
IISxpress finally realizes the potential of HTTP compression on the IIS web server platform.
About Ripcord Software
Ripcord Software is a small UK based software company dedicated to bringing enterprise class software to the widest possible market. We have spent
many years developing bespoke software products for some of largest business organisations in the world and are now bringing our knowledge
and expertise to a wider marketplace. We aim to bring quality, highly specified software products to market at the most competitive price possible.
To contact Ripcord Software please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our web site at